As a white stone in the well's cool deepness
As a white stone in the well's cool deepness,
There lays in me one wonderful remembrance.
I am not able and don't want to miss this:
It is my torture and my utter gladness.
I think, that he whose look will be directed
Into my eyes, at once will see it whole.
He will become more thoughtful and dejected
Than someone, hearing a story of a dole.
I knew: the gods turned once, in their madness,
Men into things, not killing humane senses.
You've been turned in to my reminiscences
To make eternal the unearthly sadness.
Anna Akhmatova's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As a white stone in the well's cool deepness by Anna Akhmatova )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I preach peace, hasmukh amathalal
- हम क्यों ज्यादा आग्रही और हठी है ham kyo, hasmukh amathalal
- Here is to an Endless Musing, James Darwin Smith II
- Puppetry, Naveed Khalid
- Clover, Naveed Khalid
- Me, Tony Adah
- The darkness of depression, Katharine Wonham
- Believe In Love, Naveed Akram
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- A Perception Of Love., richard harris