Do not cry for me, Mother, seeing me in the grave.
This greatest hour was hallowed and thandered
By angel's choirs; fire melted sky.
He asked his Father:"Why am I abandoned...?"
And told his Mother: "Mother, do not cry..."
Magdalena struggled, cried and moaned.
Peter sank into the stone trance...
Only there, where Mother stood alone,
None has dared cast a single glance.
Anna Akhmatova's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crucifix by Anna Akhmatova )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- That Old, Sweet Poison, C.k. Pearse
- Curriculum Vitae, C.k. Pearse
- O The Knowledge, sallam yassin
- The Day Silver Walked Into My Life, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- Time To Come Home, Wilfred Mellers
- I Am Always With You, Amitava Sur
- I Dream Of You, Lilly Emery
- In Springtime Under The Trees, Kyle Schlicher
- Change Coming, Kyle Schlicher
- One Because Of The Other, Kyle Schlicher