Are You An Actor Or An Observer?
In this always-tragic comedy or divine drama,
are you on the stage a little kid or a big mama?
Do you feel the pain, the juice the pull?
If so my friend, enjoy your roll.
Fine it is that you are right there,
Something at which myself and others can stare.
I prefer to watch the show, all the anger all the scorn,
I'd prefer to sit here and watch, with buttery popcorn.
I will not be pulled in, caught and thrown on stage,
I will run, hide, and not get near your cage!
Free I am to observe and BE,
not an employee of The Company.
Mr. Nobody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You An Actor Or An Observer? by Mr. Nobody )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1498 - 1546)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- 'Lefty', Robert Eckstein
- Seek in grace, hasmukh amathalal
- Mist of thought, Aftab Alam
- Cast Off, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Need to maintain, hasmukh amathalal
- Fresh Threats, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Using everything, gajanan mishra
- For You To Keep Deep, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I am Hades Sweet Persephone, Tiger Auntunette
- Wisdom And Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak