Monk E. Biz
Are You An Actor Or An Observer?
In this always-tragic comedy or divine drama,
are you on the stage a little kid or a big mama?
Do you feel the pain, the juice the pull?
If so my friend, enjoy your roll.
Fine it is that you are right there,
Something at which myself and others can stare.
I prefer to watch the show, all the anger all the scorn,
I'd prefer to sit here and watch, with buttery popcorn.
I will not be pulled in, caught and thrown on stage,
I will run, hide, and not get near your cage!
Free I am to observe and BE,
not an employee of The Company.
Monk E. Biz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You An Actor Or An Observer? by Monk E. Biz )
Did you read them?
- Surya, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Three ceremonies, Aftab Alam
- A Flight, Amitava Sur
- Insulted poet, douglas scotney
- Like attracts like, gajanan mishra
- Toad of my Pocket, Kelly Zion
- On A Mountain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Village song, Tony Adah
- It is best, hasmukh amathalal
- World Of Poetry, Savita Tyagi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)