Are You An Actor Or An Observer?
In this always-tragic comedy or divine drama,
are you on the stage a little kid or a big mama?
Do you feel the pain, the juice the pull?
If so my friend, enjoy your roll.
Fine it is that you are right there,
Something at which myself and others can stare.
I prefer to watch the show, all the anger all the scorn,
I'd prefer to sit here and watch, with buttery popcorn.
I will not be pulled in, caught and thrown on stage,
I will run, hide, and not get near your cage!
Free I am to observe and BE,
not an employee of The Company.
Mr. Nobody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You An Actor Or An Observer? by Mr. Nobody )
Did you read them?
- Substituting for Another Teacher, Pierre Lien
- Describe, Aparna Chatterjee
- Unfringe A Singaporean Poem (Nonconform.., Merton Lee
- Quizz with broad hints for blind poets, T (no first name) Wignesan
- My Hijab, Samudeen M.A. Ilimu
- Wet Casements, John Ashbery
- The Work, Allen Grossman
- Eideolon, Book 3, Section 7, H. D.
- The winter of forever, Cee Bea
- TO DIE, Dennis Field
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)