Are There Believers?
We professed divine mandate
We speak for the Most High
God's mind is our minds
We are adept in memorising verses
Recitation of holy sciptures is our pride
We qoute verses upon verses
Our appearance is sanctimonious
We are authorities in piety
Our views are Godly
Our tongues eloquently preaches virtue
We are truly the angels of God
That seats with the cherubims
Eating spiritual foods with seraphims.
Behold! What we are outside
Is different from our inside.
What our lips professed
Varies with what are confessed.
We say peace where none exists.
We annihilate each others
In the name of our faiths.
We are intolerant of each other.
Greed, selfishness and avariciousness
Are our three square meals.
We kill in the name of God
As if God is unable to fight.
We seat on the judgemental throne
Adjucating on God's behalf.
We are just fake believers
Maquerading as true believers.
Where are then are true believers?
Babatunde Aremu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Are There Believers? by Babatunde Aremu )
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)