I do not argue with the wind
And rain may wet me if it must.
Random events leave me chagrined.
There’s not much more to be discussed.
Time passes and bestows its blows
With little logic, not much sense.
The unexpected comes and goes
Bereft of most intelligence.
My weapon is to be aware,
To face into the winds of chance,
To try to see what’s lurking there
And brace my legs in happen stance.
Jan Sand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Apprehension by Jan Sand )
- Good deed, Suresh Dogra
- Problems, maria sudibyo
- Free!, maria sudibyo
- Angst, maria sudibyo
- OTP (One True Pairing), maria sudibyo
- Lost, zheung kyuhkoh
- Fall down, lonely, zheung kyuhkoh
- Mission: Fission Or Fusion, Aftab Alam
- My broken heart Transcends, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)