I do not argue with the wind
And rain may wet me if it must.
Random events leave me chagrined.
There’s not much more to be discussed.
Time passes and bestows its blows
With little logic, not much sense.
The unexpected comes and goes
Bereft of most intelligence.
My weapon is to be aware,
To face into the winds of chance,
To try to see what’s lurking there
And brace my legs in happen stance.
Jan Sand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Apprehension by Jan Sand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I m a GIRL! ! ! ! !, KAUSHAL SABOO
- My PEACE, Kes McKenzie
- The Vanishing Point, Emily Warn
- So Many Images Come To My Mind, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- The Tabernacle, Emily Warn
- My Other at Another's, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Victims!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Sideline, Edward Kofi Louis
- Transmutation, Satish Verma
- A GOOD LUCK حظا طيبا, MOHAMMAD SKATI