Listen to these plea,
Dearest friends and forgive.
All your trust you gave to me,
I have a moment smashed.
Forgive me father,
Forgive your son.
I was your pride,
Your boast to your contenders,
But now i bring you shame,
Please, father forgive.
Forgive me mother,
See my tears,
Hear my cry.
I have been your hope,
Your fortress from shame.
But now i fail you.
Please, mother forgive.
Forgive me, love.
I come to you
Bent on my knees.
I promised you luxury,
Finery, and wealth.
But now i bring destitude
Please, love forgive.
Forgive me friend,
Remember now my dear,
Our bond and friendship.
I have always been your help,
Just as you were mine.
But now i leave you helpless,
Please friend forgive.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Apology by Precious Okidika )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Carlos Drummond de Andrade
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen