Listen to these plea,
Dearest friends and forgive.
All your trust you gave to me,
I have a moment smashed.
Forgive me father,
Forgive your son.
I was your pride,
Your boast to your contenders,
But now i bring you shame,
Please, father forgive.
Forgive me mother,
See my tears,
Hear my cry.
I have been your hope,
Your fortress from shame.
But now i fail you.
Please, mother forgive.
Forgive me, love.
I come to you
Bent on my knees.
I promised you luxury,
Finery, and wealth.
But now i bring destitude
Please, love forgive.
Forgive me friend,
Remember now my dear,
Our bond and friendship.
I have always been your help,
Just as you were mine.
But now i leave you helpless,
Please friend forgive.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Apology by Precious Okidika )
- useless poets, Is It Poetry
- i dropped us and you were glass, Mandolyn ...
- The Typewriter, Patrick van der Loos
- Friday Night For The Writer, Patrick van der Loos
- eternal fire, george albot
- Early Winter Morn, Patrick van der Loos
- British, Nassy Fesharaki
- Living in Ambiguity, Arindom Borah
- The Game, Patrick van der Loos
- a.j.b original unedited, Barbara Dixion
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dreamer's Thoughts, Old Teenage Poems
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Old Teenage Poems
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)