Listen to these plea,
Dearest friends and forgive.
All your trust you gave to me,
I have a moment smashed.
Forgive me father,
Forgive your son.
I was your pride,
Your boast to your contenders,
But now i bring you shame,
Please, father forgive.
Forgive me mother,
See my tears,
Hear my cry.
I have been your hope,
Your fortress from shame.
But now i fail you.
Please, mother forgive.
Forgive me, love.
I come to you
Bent on my knees.
I promised you luxury,
Finery, and wealth.
But now i bring destitude
Please, love forgive.
Forgive me friend,
Remember now my dear,
Our bond and friendship.
I have always been your help,
Just as you were mine.
But now i leave you helpless,
Please friend forgive.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Apology by Precious Okidika )
- Arf, Peter Jay Shippy
- Messenger has no identity, gajanan mishra
- Refugees, Greg Davidson
- Ou es-tu, mon amour, Peter Jay Shippy
- Anthology, Peter Jay Shippy
- THE BESTOWING BOY, Aravind Bhargava
- BE LIKE CHEETAH, Aravind Bhargava
- Hell bent, hasmukh amathalal
- Beautiful stranger, Ahmed Tawfik
- Lynda Bellingham worthily and fondly rem.., Stanley Collymore
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)