Ponder upon this,
The world is turned upside down,
And life is broken
Vile, yes vile!
The words of men
Ring within my ears,
All be it vile.
Nought on earth
Does forever last.
You dear friend
shall know no more of me,
I have weighed our friendship,
Not a thing in it
Has a taint of me.
You forget me
As though i had never been,
I think now
That you did promise
Nothing but emptiness.
Now i count myself fool
That i took you
And did all others forsake.
So cruel friend,
Or think you not that it is,
That every word of your promise,
Be in such haste broken?
Alas you break my heart,
I am left out in the cold,
My tear does freeze within my eyes,
Blood slowly drips from my heart
My stomach spurn from pain,
And from my cry my ear damps.
Ponder upon this friend,
That i were you,
Upon the integrity of my former deeds,
Think you that i will not feel your pain
Or stretch my hands to bring you forth?
Alas you break my heart! !
You leave out in the cold
Not upon you to hold.
Ponder this friend,
Are these deeds they not cruel
Or my words not true?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cruel by Precious Okidika )
- War (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Finally hope fades away, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What can we do not to sin again? ? ? ?, ademola oluwabusayo
- Childhood collection poem -4, soulful heart
- Tell me you love me, Tiku akp
- All cut jokes, hasmukh amathalal
- Finally Freed (Unbound), Dylan Attard
- This materialistic world هذا العالم المادي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My dream (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- The Long March, Malek Haddad
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)