Ponder upon this,
The world is turned upside down,
And life is broken
Vile, yes vile!
The words of men
Ring within my ears,
All be it vile.
Nought on earth
Does forever last.
You dear friend
shall know no more of me,
I have weighed our friendship,
Not a thing in it
Has a taint of me.
You forget me
As though i had never been,
I think now
That you did promise
Nothing but emptiness.
Now i count myself fool
That i took you
And did all others forsake.
So cruel friend,
Or think you not that it is,
That every word of your promise,
Be in such haste broken?
Alas you break my heart,
I am left out in the cold,
My tear does freeze within my eyes,
Blood slowly drips from my heart
My stomach spurn from pain,
And from my cry my ear damps.
Ponder upon this friend,
That i were you,
Upon the integrity of my former deeds,
Think you that i will not feel your pain
Or stretch my hands to bring you forth?
Alas you break my heart! !
You leave out in the cold
Not upon you to hold.
Ponder this friend,
Are these deeds they not cruel
Or my words not true?
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cruel by Precious Okidika )
- First Dance, Jeannette Heywood
- Bass Line, Betsy Sholl
- Forgive and forget - O men, gajanan mishra
- Snowflakes and Lillies, Anthony Di'anno
- Lament, Betsy Sholl
- I have taken birth only once, gajanan mishra
- A Song in There, Betsy Sholl
- Mirror, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Don, Frank Avon
- Back with the Quakers, Betsy Sholl
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)