Ponder upon this,
The world is turned upside down,
And life is broken
Vile, yes vile!
The words of men
Ring within my ears,
All be it vile.
Nought on earth
Does forever last.
You dear friend
shall know no more of me,
I have weighed our friendship,
Not a thing in it
Has a taint of me.
You forget me
As though i had never been,
I think now
That you did promise
Nothing but emptiness.
Now i count myself fool
That i took you
And did all others forsake.
So cruel friend,
Or think you not that it is,
That every word of your promise,
Be in such haste broken?
Alas you break my heart,
I am left out in the cold,
My tear does freeze within my eyes,
Blood slowly drips from my heart
My stomach spurn from pain,
And from my cry my ear damps.
Ponder upon this friend,
That i were you,
Upon the integrity of my former deeds,
Think you that i will not feel your pain
Or stretch my hands to bring you forth?
Alas you break my heart! !
You leave out in the cold
Not upon you to hold.
Ponder this friend,
Are these deeds they not cruel
Or my words not true?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cruel by Precious Okidika )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola
- my eye has a patch on the inside, Mandolyn ...
- Final Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- to always be the self amidst these cacop.., RIC S. BASTASA