Ponder upon this,
The world is turned upside down,
And life is broken
Vile, yes vile!
The words of men
Ring within my ears,
All be it vile.
Nought on earth
Does forever last.
You dear friend
shall know no more of me,
I have weighed our friendship,
Not a thing in it
Has a taint of me.
You forget me
As though i had never been,
I think now
That you did promise
Nothing but emptiness.
Now i count myself fool
That i took you
And did all others forsake.
So cruel friend,
Or think you not that it is,
That every word of your promise,
Be in such haste broken?
Alas you break my heart,
I am left out in the cold,
My tear does freeze within my eyes,
Blood slowly drips from my heart
My stomach spurn from pain,
And from my cry my ear damps.
Ponder upon this friend,
That i were you,
Upon the integrity of my former deeds,
Think you that i will not feel your pain
Or stretch my hands to bring you forth?
Alas you break my heart! !
You leave out in the cold
Not upon you to hold.
Ponder this friend,
Are these deeds they not cruel
Or my words not true?
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cruel by Precious Okidika )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram
- Knowing Their Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad
- Have You Seen The Bizarre And Grotesque .., Bijay Kant Dubey