Maria Magdalena Biela
Her eyes were shivering a tear
while the old year was shot
she softly sighed 'Happy New Year! '
And dried the tearful thought.
Her eyes were echoing the heart
its beating ten to one
the counted seconds, whole in part,
made future be outrun.
Her eyes kissed Mother's loving hands
and Father's forehead gray
they cry in their faraway lands
and for their daughter pray.
Their eyes were searching, near and far,
to meet each other's soul
watching the same heavenly Star
and each part as a whole.
When Time she stopped, she whispered sad
into wide Heaven's ear:
'I love you, Mom! I love you, Dad!
Blessed be this New Year'!
(Finland, December 31st 2013,23.59, counting the last seconds) .
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Apart by Maria Magdalena Biela )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- A Prayer To Mother Nature., Marcondes Pereira
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave
- Bell, Book & Candle, David Lewis Paget
- Dear baby - (Something Casual), Mitta Xinindlu
- A Glowing Morning, Rohit Sapra
- सबका चहेता तो रहा हूँ sabka chahetaa, hasmukh amathalal
- A moment (Rubliw), Gert Strydom