Nikolai Stepanovich Gumilev
Look at the moon in the midst of
Vastly magnificent sky bed;
Hear the young winds among bamboo;
Feel the air – heavy with fragrance.
Families always are blessed!
While parents rest in the grove,
Drinking green tea, reading poems,
House’s alive with commotion:
Children are busy with homework
Wishing the newborn won’t cry.
If you enjoy this lifestyle,
You will achieve true fulfillment.
Why strive for fame and money
When you believe that your children’s
Life must be longer than yours.
Nikolai Stepanovich Gumilev's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Annam by Nikolai Stepanovich Gumilev )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
(c. 600 BCE)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)