The world was a cold tomb, filled with folk poised to make me grieve, beasts in the sleeves of men bent on my painful demise, those times were a horror those days were a sting i lived through time in my lonely sheath waiting for my being to pass, hoping for a wane to all of the pain.
Time was slothful in those days how long a day was, life was a bore and death an escape but then on a fine morning she was.
With all the world in her, with a smile as a thousand bulbs alight and a heart so deeply ingrained in light, time was only a moment now and days flew by just they came. Life became a labyrinthine, a search to find love divine.
Pain with her she brought, but love was not a lofty thought with eyes as the morning star she breathed life into whatever she scarred, and her scars upon my very being became sacred acts of unblemished peace.
She taught me love and an enduring patience and she brought my quest to a sudden end.
Olasanoye Charles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anna by Olasanoye Charles )
- Going to persons who don't have generous.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- AM I A MOUTHPIECE?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- The Moon, Phil Soar
- They Got Tired لقد تعبوا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The first time, Cigeng Zhang
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis