Brooding, smoldering, deep lying in secret: .
Always there, waiting, watching for the moment.
Strong, powerful, and just below the surface
Coiled, tensioned, poised. Ready to attack!
A glowing ember deep within the bonfire.
Unseen but threatening every single hour.
A sudden conflagration in an instant
From dead to deadly in the blink of an eye.
Such is buried anger, suppressed for too long
Confined, constrained, held in check by fear.
It will break out, escape. Then, once it is free,
Injure all in its path, destroy its old home.
Hold not back your anger, buried deep inside
But rather check the flow, control the release.
Once tamed it will be a tool to ease your pain:
Directed it can restore your pride and hope.
Dean Bottomley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anger by Dean Bottomley )
- I Saw You, But Could Not Say I Love You .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Honour Killing, Whose Honour, Where's Ho.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Seminar Activity, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Story of a thousand Hopes, clawdea benat
- gLoW hideing OfF iN2 thE sUnsEt, sEaN nOrTh
- Absence, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Funeral, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- I am complete in your arms.., Manish Guru
- She, Akhtar Jawad
- Lunch, anthony henriques
Poem of the Day
- November, Thomas Hood
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Am Offering This Poem, Jimmy Santiago Baca
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)