Brooding, smoldering, deep lying in secret: .
Always there, waiting, watching for the moment.
Strong, powerful, and just below the surface
Coiled, tensioned, poised. Ready to attack!
A glowing ember deep within the bonfire.
Unseen but threatening every single hour.
A sudden conflagration in an instant
From dead to deadly in the blink of an eye.
Such is buried anger, suppressed for too long
Confined, constrained, held in check by fear.
It will break out, escape. Then, once it is free,
Injure all in its path, destroy its old home.
Hold not back your anger, buried deep inside
But rather check the flow, control the release.
Once tamed it will be a tool to ease your pain:
Directed it can restore your pride and hope.
Dean Bottomley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anger by Dean Bottomley )
- Lust u me nu meneer, Madrason writer
- Depression, Alesia Leach
- Seashore Gratitude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Path Of The King, vince gullaci
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns