My 'place of clear water,'
the first hill in the world
where springs washed into
the shiny grass
and darkened cobbles
in the bed of the lane.
Anahorish, soft gradient
of consonant, vowel-meadow,
after-image of lamps
swung through the yards
on winter evenings.
With pails and barrows
go waist-deep in mist
to break the light ice
at wells and dunghills.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anahorish by Seamus Heaney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Really funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Daddy, Rimni chakravarty
- Colourless light contains all the colour.., Mohammad Siddiqui
- come on, laxami Cards
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Beloved, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Life is beautiful, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui