My 'place of clear water,'
the first hill in the world
where springs washed into
the shiny grass
and darkened cobbles
in the bed of the lane.
Anahorish, soft gradient
of consonant, vowel-meadow,
after-image of lamps
swung through the yards
on winter evenings.
With pails and barrows
go waist-deep in mist
to break the light ice
at wells and dunghills.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anahorish by Seamus Heaney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- LOVE IS..., Beryl Dov
- Baltic nights, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken