(An Oath wrtitten during the Dawn Meditation)
Aiwaz! Confirm my troth with thee ! my will inspire
With secret sperm of subtle, free, creating Fire!
Mould thou my very flesh as Thine, renew my birth
In childhood merry as divine, enchenated earth!
Dissolve my rapture in Thine own, a sacred slaugther
Whereby to capture and atone the soul of water!
Fill thou my mind with gleaming Thought intense and rare
To One refined, outflung to naught, the Word of Air!
Most, bridal bound, my quintessentil Form thus freeing
From self, be found one Selfhood blent in Spirit Being.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Oath by Aleister Crowley )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If you really don't want me in your life., Beautiful Lie
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- I love boobs, Randy Johnson
Poem of the Day
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett
- Another Toll By Death, Tony Adah
- I have always thought about life, Sumita Jetley
- I MISS YOU DAD, Sharen Suren
- Roses Red, Coral, Blue, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- A Night Thought, Luo Zhihai
- B day, hasmukh amathalal
- Nothing worth to be Found Right, Meriam Joseph