Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
An Attempt at Isolation
After my friends and brothers
Dropped in the sea of hate,
I got into my boat
Traveling up to the lake of my blood.
After uncountable disasters,
I reached myself and settled in.
I was as delighted as a corpse
With its new grave.
Thus, I have sat in myself
To guard myself.
In order not to forget
What has been done to me,
I have put a spear at my door,
And spotted it with my blood.
I have made out of mud a head like mine.
I have put it on the spear and wept,
Wept until my soul flowed out
Then, I brought my soul back to the head.
Every morning I submissively kneel before the head
To say : "Good morning, Head!
You are heavy with sorrow and letters."
The head replies very calmly:
"Good morning, owner of happy isolation!"
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Attempt at Isolation by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
- meri sohbat me........., sanjay kumar maurya
- Let me know, Cee Bea
- Reflection After Reading The Turn of the.., Mark R. Elias
- My Naija, My pride(A Love), Richard Momodu
- I wonder, Cee Bea
- Did God Rest On The Seventh Day?, michael hagwood
- e parindo se mera pata........, sanjay kumar maurya
- Pam Ayers the letter, lee fones
- My Sweetness, Cathy Hodgson
- Seeing Aspiration, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)