An Alice Alphabet
A is for Alice a-dressing the Queen.
B is for Borogoves, mimsy and lean.
C is the Cheshire Cat, wearing a grin.
D is the Duchess who had a sharp chin.
E is the Eaglet who barred out long words.
F, the Flamingo, the queerest of birds.
G is the Gryphon, loquacious and gay.
H, Humpty Dumpty in gorgeous array.
I is for Insects with curious names.
J is the Jabberwock burbling with flames.
K is the King who was whizzed through the air.
L is the Lobster who sugared his hair.
M, the Mock Turtle, whose tears freely flowed.
N is for Nobody seen on the road.
O is for Oysters who trotted so quick.
P is the Puppy who played with a stick.
Q is the Queen who ran very fast.
R is the Rabbit who blew a great blast.
S is the Sheep, on her knitting intent.
T, Tweedledum, with his noisy lament.
U is the Unicorn, valiant in feud.
V is the Violet, saucy and rude.
W, the Walrus, addicted to chat.
X, Executioner, seeking the cat.
Y is the Youth Father William surveyed.
Z is the Zigzag the mouse's tail made.
Carolyn Wells's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Alice Alphabet by Carolyn Wells )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Make in you, gajanan mishra
- In My Daydream, Margaret Alice Second
- UNTOLD JOURNEY, Satish Verma
- Ride the lion, gajanan mishra
- Flame, Nassy Fesharaki
- Travels On An Ox-Chart, Margaret Alice Second
- Mercy, save me., Darian Kalamerd
- ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ, Deepak Malapur
- A Cruel Hope, Praveen Nautiyal
- Our Vista, Hazel Durham