Among my Souvenirs
Going through the changes into different places
I want to be here, but I have to make a fresh start
To trace my footsteps again by counting the paces
In each move we see a picturesque stroke of art.
The scenery flows where new faces finds repose,
Dormant doors suddenly find hospitality bright,
Pondering upon the future that only God knows,
The length of days we have to live here on earth.
Going into the path where the picture is incomplete,
Move the jobless feet to places far out of my reach,
Where the pasture is green and opportunities meet,
Lairs of experience to be defined and distinguish.
Emblematic names hidden among my souvenirs
Stored in places where I became a member of staff?
For this limited wages I made friends with strangers,
Turn the pages and be taken back to where I left off.
Butterfly crystallize and waking up for another ride
The poses will become memories among my souvenir,
Tattoo with pride all the ambitions that I cannot hide,
Take the remainder of life to places I can adore.
Topic(s): love and art
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Among my Souvenirs by Gerry Legister )
- Sacred Men, Naveed Akram
- दर्द ही सही (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- तेरा ग़म (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- On the road of life على طريق الحياة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Travel, Hans Raj Sharma
- I Will Enter, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Unlimited Love, howard simon
- O, Earth! O, Heavens!, Rachel Glassman
- Epithalamium, Rachel Glassman
- Old age in life among us., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)