Among my Souvenirs
Going through the changes into different places
I want to be here, but I have to make a fresh start
To trace my footsteps again by counting the paces
In each move we see a picturesque stroke of art.
The scenery flows where new faces finds repose,
Dormant doors suddenly find hospitality bright,
Pondering upon the future that only God knows,
The length of days we have to live here on earth.
Going into the path where the picture is incomplete,
Move the jobless feet to places far out of my reach,
Where the pasture is green and opportunities meet,
Lairs of experience to be defined and distinguish.
Emblematic names hidden among my souvenirs
Stored in places where I became a member of staff?
For this limited wages I made friends with strangers,
Turn the pages and be taken back to where I left off.
Butterfly crystallize and waking up for another ride
The poses will become memories among my souvenir,
Tattoo with pride all the ambitions that I cannot hide,
Take the remainder of life to places I can adore.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Among my Souvenirs by Gerry Legister )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Tyranny, Amitava Sur
- Be Near Heaven's Door, Naveed Akram
- On The Brink Of Insanity, Michael Webb
- Just Passing Through, Lora Colon
- Clarified Heart, Naveed Akram
- Walls and Weight and a Wake, Trevor Toews
- Best Friends, Francie Lynch
- This Afternoon, Trevor Toews
- Trash or Treasure, Trevor Toews
- The Ifs Of My Life, Trevor Toews