Among my Souvenirs
Going through the changes into different places
I want to be here, but I have to make a fresh start
To trace my footsteps again by counting the paces
In each move we see a picturesque stroke of art.
The scenery flows where new faces finds repose,
Dormant doors suddenly find hospitality bright,
Pondering upon the future that only God knows,
The length of days we have to live here on earth.
Going into the path where the picture is incomplete,
Move the jobless feet to places far out of my reach,
Where the pasture is green and opportunities meet,
Lairs of experience to be defined and distinguish.
Emblematic names hidden among my souvenirs
Stored in places where I became a member of staff?
For this limited wages I made friends with strangers,
Turn the pages and be taken back to where I left off.
Butterfly crystallize and waking up for another ride
The poses will become memories among my souvenir,
Tattoo with pride all the ambitions that I cannot hide,
Take the remainder of life to places I can adore.
Topic(s): love and art
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Among my Souvenirs by Gerry Legister )
- On To the Night, Peter S. Quinn
- Haiku...Highway Heart Race, Ken e Hall
- Guaman Poma, Nassy Fesharaki
- Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- Dedicated To You, Robin Williams-Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- ....... .. Gun Control Is As Easy As This, Is It Poetry
- We have right, hasmukh amathalal
- Never dies, hasmukh amathalal
- Torment Growls, Fatima Nusairat
- God's Character, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 September 1850 - 4 November 1895)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)