I was planning a trip abroad,
Never been out of U.S.A.
But recent news at me has gnawed -
More and more baddies get away
Harming Americans who are
In the wrong place at the wrong time.
The State Department, insofar,
As helping victims of such crime,
Does only really huff and puff
In diplomatic useless tone.
In foreign lands, with foreign stuff,
Americans are on their own.
I am staying home, cuz I know
I'll be safe here in Chicago.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone Abroad by Ima Ryma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 March 1941 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave
- Bell, Book & Candle, David Lewis Paget
- Dear baby - (Something Casual), Mitta Xinindlu