Buyunde Acura Sylivester
All You Did For; 'Thank You' (II)
He'd lost sleep, at your age one,
Nursing you, as his son.
At age ten, he lost his favourite,
Perfume, to pay fees.
Forgetting his savings, to grand you graduation.
At age twenty, if you remember,
He lost his respect, so his reputation,
Getting you job, to keep you rich,
By not even purchasing, his best clothes,
To sustain you, and in luxury.
Papa forgot his health, he left it be,
I remember, some times in December,
He shed all, including personal interest,
Of his very best, for your prosperity.
He was wise, to make a sacrifice,
Giving all you need, and your dew.
What's all you did, for 'thank you'?
Buyunde Acura Sylivester's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All You Did For; 'Thank You' (II) by Buyunde Acura Sylivester )
- Starbucks, Tom Zart
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)