All the Gods
I hope all the Gods are together and watching,
nectar and nibbles arms-reach from each chair.
The atmosphere cold, eyes glued to our plight,
swamped by the volume of incoming prayer.
Because, if corruption means no-one is watching
the architects gone taking new life elsewhere.
with plans for a yellow or maybe a red world.
Then we must prepare to advance with great care.
Roan copyright © July 2012
Ann Beard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All the Gods by Ann Beard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar