All alone on Christmas
The cold wind is blowing,
An the streets are getting dark,
I’m looking for you everywhere,
An I don’t know were to start.
The Christmas songs are playing in the street,
People window shopping down in the town,
I walk and see the snow beneath my feet,
It must be Christmas time again right here,
Every year I get a little lonely around this time,
Do people still find love at Christmas?
Tell me, were do lonely hearts go?
Well, no-one ought to be all alone on Christmas
My childhood dreams are a thing in the past,
Nothing to find or nothing to hope for,
Everything will not last,
Do Christmas dreams ever come true?
I’m all grown up but I’m the same you’ll see,
I’m looking for because I still believe,
I know I have been good this year,
Can’t you stay with me right here?
This Christmas will always be the same,
For everyone to still believe,
That were do lonely hearts go,
Because no-one ought to be all alone on Christmas,
All alone on Christmas.
Paul Prescott's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All alone on Christmas by Paul Prescott )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *Rumi Speaks, C. P. Sharma
- Destiny Misplaced, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Stray Thoughts, C. P. Sharma
- Shame-Shame Israel, Aftab Alam
- Paths Of Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- lips of flower, Aftab Alam
- Sin Salida, Edwin Cordero
- jeene ka karishma|, Aftab Alam
- *My confused mood, C. P. Sharma
- Dear! i Still Love You, Rimni chakravarty