The Rubliw is an invented form created by American poet Richard Wilbur
then named and defined by Lewis Turco, author of The Book of Forms among other works.
A short metric poem was sent by Wilbur to Turco
containing a challenge to name the verse form framing the poem.
Turco responded in kind and named the form by reversing the spelling of Wilbur's name.
He also wrote humorous, didactic messages in the same form to fellow poets Dana Gioia and Sam Gwynn.
The Rubliw as created would fall under the category of Light Verse.
The Rubliw is:
a poem in 9 lines.
metric, iambic pattern, L1 monometer, L2 dimeter, L3 trimeter, L4 tetrameter, L5 pentameter, L6 tetrameter, L7 trimeter, L8 dimeter and L9 monometer.
Tell all so kind
Who talk too much so blind
Of positive thinking in mind
Forgetting that life with negative twined
Sequent like day and night glued bind
That my love too so blind
Gone with you wind
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alankar(Decor) -155 by Indira Renganathan )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What peace accepts?, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- It, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wonderful world of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Dare, H.M. Gautsch
- PH: Echo: Embracing The Future, Brian Johnston