The Tetractys is:
a pentastich, a complete poem in a 5 lines.
syllabic, with a progressive syllable count 1-2-3-4-10 per line.
sometimes written as a Double Tetractys (2 quintains) , when doubled the syllabic pattern is reversed,1-2-3-4-10-10-4-3-2-1.
sometimes it is stanzaic, written in any number of quintains. When written in multiple stanzas the syllabic pattern is a Mirrored Tetractyssyllables per line 1-2-3-4-10 10-4-3-2-1 1-2-3-4-10 10-4-3-2-1 etc….
Now laid in
His word built home
Clappings alone show him light to his march
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alankar(Decor) -121 by Indira Renganathan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- tear from a mans eye, Gregory Kelley
- Toss and Turn, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Tickle Blue, Prasad Natarajan
- Give me the wisdom of old age, Gregory Kelley
- नोँनि लुबैनायखौ आं बुजिबाय सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- The Rock-built Temples of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Working Man, K.J. Jackson
- I Was About To, Neela Nath
- Saying Goodbye, Myanna Williams
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -34, Ronjoy Brahma