Aging of Roe v Wade
For decades, Roe v Wade is law,
Allowing abortions to be.
But pro and anti both still gnaw
Away at the legality.
The fetal stages - battlegrounds
For armies to advance, retreat.
Partisan politics abounds
Each and ev'ry fetal heartbeat.
This war on life will not be won.
In many ways, both sides have lost.
No matter what tactics are done,
Humanity has paid high cost.
A fetus has no say so - yes!
To be or not to be - who's guess!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aging of Roe v Wade by Ima Ryma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Poem of the Day
- If It All Went Up in Smoke, George Oppen
- The New Generation, Tony Adah
- I Don't Need You, Electric Lady
- Ashamed of myself, jade mears
- call this cliche and i'll cut you, Mandolyn ...
- Snow, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Gift, Arliz Paelmo
- Draw, Abby Sze
- They Will Be Playing Trick, Neela Nath
- you are not alone, jade mears