Human nature is such
That if you sit, they'll say, 'No, don't sit.'
If you stand, 'What's the matter? Walk!
And if you walk, 'Shame on you, sit down.!
If you so much as lie down, they'll order, 'Get up.'
If you don't lie down, no respite, ' Lie down.'
I'm wasting my days getting up and sitting down.
If I'm dying right now, they speak up, 'Live.'
If they see me living, who knows when
they'll say, 'Shame on you. Die!'
In fear, I secretly go on living.
Taslima Nasrin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aggression by Taslima Nasrin )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 October 1838 – 1 July 1905)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- where gloves meet skin, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher
- You Are Like The Moon, Kyle Schlicher