As much as I had thought of him to be a male,
That much he is not;
Half-neutered he is,
Half a male.
A life goes by,
And you may sit and lie with a man,
but how much can you come to know a real man?
He whom I so long thought
I knew -
He whom I know is nothing like that,
In fact, he's the one I most don't know.
As much as I had thought him to be man,
That much he is not:
Half-beast he is,
Half a man.
Taslima Nasrin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Acquaintance by Taslima Nasrin )
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery