As much as I had thought of him to be a male,
That much he is not;
Half-neutered he is,
Half a male.
A life goes by,
And you may sit and lie with a man,
but how much can you come to know a real man?
He whom I so long thought
I knew -
He whom I know is nothing like that,
In fact, he's the one I most don't know.
As much as I had thought him to be man,
That much he is not:
Half-beast he is,
Half a man.
Taslima Nasrin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Acquaintance by Taslima Nasrin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- At the Moment, Joyce Sutphen
- Destonation Life, david kush
- Persona, Madrason writer
- Aquarel, Madrason writer
- OVER THE ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I am black, hasmukh amathalal
- Omgekeerde muziek, Madrason writer
- A Kind of Villanelle, Joyce Sutphen
- Hit, it!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Minder bedrogen, Madrason writer