As much as I had thought of him to be a male,
That much he is not;
Half-neutered he is,
Half a male.
A life goes by,
And you may sit and lie with a man,
but how much can you come to know a real man?
He whom I so long thought
I knew -
He whom I know is nothing like that,
In fact, he's the one I most don't know.
As much as I had thought him to be man,
That much he is not:
Half-beast he is,
Half a man.
Taslima Nasrin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Acquaintance by Taslima Nasrin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minimalism, Adonis Enricuso
- Treasure Box, Adonis Enricuso
- Palestine; We Let You Down, Guess Who
- Por-por Chha Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- The love song, binod bastola
- de tijd, ko the skipper
- A big thanks poem..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Not the One, Dean Meredith
- Bobwhite Calling, Kyle Schlicher