Glen Martin Fitch
ADVICE TO A YOUNG POET (WHEN I FIND ONE)
“But Poetry's dead, ”
“And Song and Drama, Painting too!
No Muse. No Bard.
To write in verse and meter's
simply wrong and rhyme
is only for a greeting card.
There's nothing more to say.
It's all been said.”
If you, like me,
must answer to the call,
we have to reach
beyond the blasè bred conventions
of the unconventional.”
Don't borrow, take.
Scan jargon, slang,
but keep it true.
Record your dreams.
Re-heed mistakes you make.
Clichès are lazy.
Tweak the old anew.
a girl with doll declare her sorrows.
Hark when drunken sailors swear.”
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ADVICE TO A YOUNG POET (WHEN I FIND ONE) by Glen Martin Fitch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- To Record What Is Kept, Naveed Akram
- Rumour, Humphrey Bryant
- BLACK SHEEP, Bironga Chadwick
- Tomorrow, Humphrey Bryant
- Blackberry And Apple, Humphrey Bryant