Emmanuel George Cefai
Across The Stairs
Across the stairs
That to and fro
Dangle across the skies:
A hundred angels flew
And the earth – our earth turned.
Across the stairs of heaven
A hundred angels held
Trumpets in their hand
To herald the coming of the soul
And it came.
White-clad and robed and sandaled
In fine proportions glistening
One after another up the stairs it went.
The angels saw and liked.
Amazed the angel Gabriel
Saith ‘Lo on earth
There are fair creatures too my friends’.
And he rued his sexless state.
Emmanuel George Cefai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Across The Stairs by Emmanuel George Cefai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -69, Ronjoy Brahma
- Her Beautiful Lies, Swagat Bhattacharjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -68, Ronjoy Brahma