Jacques Sprenkie Mateya
A Youth of Janice Bronwyn Linden era and of 1976
The difference between a youth of Janice Bronwyn Linden era
And the youth of 1976
1976 Their daily bread was not yet sovereignty
And singing not yet uhuru
They heard a smell of injustice in old uniform
Rebellious against it everywhere and anywere!
They fought injustice with their lives
they fought every inhuman out of human
A youth of Janice Bronwyn Linden era
They sing not yet developed
And they have a freedom in their lifetime.
The streets are as they where in 1976
And the dust is still unsettled.
I sense a feeling of corruption, maqhabane!
Unruly against all those championing liberation
And defy them against all odds!
The class of 1976 died for justice
And youth Janice Bronwyn Linden dies for injustice.
A justice in injustice uniform.
Jacques Sprenkie Mateya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Youth of Janice Bronwyn Linden era and of 1976 by Jacques Sprenkie Mateya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1753 – 5 December 1784)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1644 - 1694)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- And because Love battles, Pablo Neruda
- I Remember, Anne Sexton
Poem of the Day
- Eliot, Your Modern Hollow Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Return of The Romantic, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Point of Submission [Deictic Conclusions], Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Gift, Frank Avon
- Longest Night, Nassy Fesharaki
- Loner, Michael Webb
- As One, Frank Avon
- ETC3, shuvo chakraborty
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.