Sandi J Holland
A Touch Of Fall
I saw a touch of fall today.
It was the morning when I walked.
The coming season to me talked.
The turning trees along the way,
Were not quite turning yet, but I
Expect to see it by and by.
The sky was cloudy, heavy, gray.
As I walked on I heard a word.
It was a bird, but that's absurd.
For birds a word they cannot say,
But in my fancy on my walk,
Imagined I the bird did talk.
Sandi J Holland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Touch Of Fall by Sandi J Holland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI