Sandi J Holland
A Touch Of Fall
I saw a touch of fall today.
It was the morning when I walked.
The coming season to me talked.
The turning trees along the way,
Were not quite turning yet, but I
Expect to see it by and by.
The sky was cloudy, heavy, gray.
As I walked on I heard a word.
It was a bird, but that's absurd.
For birds a word they cannot say,
But in my fancy on my walk,
Imagined I the bird did talk.
Sandi J Holland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Touch Of Fall by Sandi J Holland )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Christmas Bells, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- I Love You 2, Michael P. McParland
- I Love You, Michael P. McParland
- I Hope In Some Way, Michael P. McParland
- Emerald, Naveed Khalid
- I Hope, Michael P. McParland
- In All Things, Edward Kofi Louis
- See, seed!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Two), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Met Him, Edward Kofi Louis
- 2 Days After, Edward Kofi Louis