A Thought On Terror
An abstraction to say the least
Terror or fear, but of what!
The unknown? Not really,
Rather what the psyche knows
And will not release; except
Maybe in the form of adrenalin
That causes the body to react.
But what part of the brain
Does not fully assimilate?
Just the muscles tightening
And the stomach churning chyme.
An impulse that says run,
But where and much more
Why? And the terrorist
Rears his undulating head.
And terror belongs because
It is unknown to what end.
And the process begins again.
We do not learn.
Lento Maez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Thought On Terror by Lento Maez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker
- Brothers, Two..., Denis Martindale
- The One True God, Roy Blokker
- After the Summer, Somanathan Iyer
- The House I Bought?, Dr John Celes
- Resemblance, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- One Single Drop, Kaleb Falin
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal