Shania K. Younce
'A Tasteless Day'
A tasteless day come to play.
In seen age.
In a barred cage.
In a confronted way.
In the corner played.
A deathless death day.
A tasteless fragrance splayed.
A child bearing day.
A crowded cage played.
In darker depths played.
In sweeter moments did die.
In time did pined the pined.
In topless cropped time.
In a ignorance frayed.
In a trash-less friction splayed.
In a topless climb did dive.
In a sweeter tempt came.
In a matchless game.
In a brightened way.
A childless bearer beared.
A childless child played.
A timeless child chimed.
A sweetened harp scribed.
A in for the child chiding end to climb of the chime.
Shania K. Younce's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('A Tasteless Day' by Shania K. Younce )
- If I am just a Character, Felicia Manning
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
- Patience & Acceptance, Tom Zart
- I am a stream, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- THE WIDOW, john chizoba vincent
- They Are The Bamiyan Buddhas, You Fire N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mundamala Kali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- LETTER TO A MOTHER 2, john chizoba vincent
- The Festival of Lights, Deepawali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Loving Partha Sarothi -A Token Of Love., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns