A tall, strapping shot, you, considerate hunter...
A tall, strapping shot, you, considerate hunter,
Phantom with gun at the flood of my soul,
Do not destroy me now as a traitor,
As fodder for feeling, crumbled up small!
Grant me destruction rising and soaring,
Dress me at night in the willow and ice.
Start me, I pray, from the reeds in the morning,
Finish me off with one shot in my flight,
And for this lofty and resonant parting
Thank you. Forgive me, I kiss you, oh hands
Of my neglected, my disregarded
Homeland, my diffidence, family, friends.
Boris Pasternak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A tall, strapping shot, you, considerate hunter... by Boris Pasternak )
- [Challenge] Entrees for September- You C.., Brian Johnston
- Dead men walk!, bryan wallace
- Tangnai Horni Simang, Boro Brahma
- Baonw Haya Ang, Boro Brahma
- If People Were Pooches, Rachel LeBaron
- My heart needs a rest, Jesus James Llorico
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)