A tall, strapping shot, you, considerate hunter...
A tall, strapping shot, you, considerate hunter,
Phantom with gun at the flood of my soul,
Do not destroy me now as a traitor,
As fodder for feeling, crumbled up small!
Grant me destruction rising and soaring,
Dress me at night in the willow and ice.
Start me, I pray, from the reeds in the morning,
Finish me off with one shot in my flight,
And for this lofty and resonant parting
Thank you. Forgive me, I kiss you, oh hands
Of my neglected, my disregarded
Homeland, my diffidence, family, friends.
Boris Pasternak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A tall, strapping shot, you, considerate hunter... by Boris Pasternak )
- is happening the Is, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The basic ideas Turned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- He feigned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The echoes plained, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Still here Still here?, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I, the Poet-Seer, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Desperation does what long years Do not .., Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Clock Is Fast Turning, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Emotions occurrences, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)