A Story of Friendship
Lion, jackal and vulture
Went along on their way.
To each other they showed culture
And divided their prays.
The bird was watching from the highs
And when it saw some deer
It gave a signal to the guys
The jackal lurked near
It chased the deer direction
Where the lion sprang
And there was not a real protection
From this wicked gang
But destiny expressed its might
And didn’t let things go
A poison snake did deadly bite
The lion on the paw.
Experiencing awful pain
The lion cried for water
But he was hoping all in vain
The jackal didn’t bother
The lion burned in cruel fever
It asked the bird for shade
Bird’s heart did slightly quiver
But still its friend betrayed.
In life you take some care
When you choose a friend
A lot of them take when you share
But aren’t beside in the end.
Tanya Ivanova's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Story of Friendship by Tanya Ivanova )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- affix me to your infinity, Mandolyn ...
- One Entire Little Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Young people, hasmukh amathalal
- The lesson, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson