Waltz For Zizi
A Story Of...Ella
A smile, a lightning in a storm,
spears the sky, north of the citadel of love,
unraveling your mystic side
as a moon that lights a lover's face
in the moment of his first kiss.
Your blushing cheek, red and romantic as the setting sun
colours in hues of unearthy love
the white and delicately freckled canvas of your face
that appears in front of me day after day,
in this unfortunate world
where you love someone that is not me.
In this storm of treasured feelings
a man's path lies broken as a crushed bone
and it hurts him badly, for the bone is sticking out
like a flag signaling surrender.
Here at the edge of all things, where love stops being love
in the crevice of your heart
I have stumbled upon a dream of yours
that fell a long time ago,
when people still called you 'child',
while I was busy discovering
the passionate land of your perfect red lips.
You forgot to thank me for that.
I don't know why you embarked your love for me on that sinking ship.
Maybe, I've eroded you too much with kisses
and I've exposed to the world the most beautiful part of you.
I belive I hurt you this way,
I belive you were too delicate inside for this world.
I would like to belive that, but the truth
is that you were already petrified
by the kiss of your lost king.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Story Of...Ella by Waltz For Zizi )
- The Lion, Nicholas Vachel Lindsay
- discomfiture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Broken Lullabies, Spiritwind Wood
- For simple reaction, hasmukh amathalal
- بلادي الحزينة, Ashraf Elgmmal
- Best endevor, hasmukh amathalal
- لماذا أحب وجهكِ ؟, Ashraf Elgmmal
- Shadow Of My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Better Than You, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Taking From Us, Spiritwind Wood
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)