A Stewart Serves
Jimmy Stewart flew a plane well.
As bomber pilot, he signed on,
And flew into World War II hell,
Where few celebrities had gone.
Mission after mission he flew,
Dropping bombs on the enemy,
Dodging attacks, making it through
What seemed like an eternity.
This was a role he lived for real.
Colonel James Stewart, brave and bold,
No film with box office appeal,
Four years of war, his life on hold.
Jimmy Stewart, back from war strife,
Starred in 'It's a Wonderful Life.'
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Stewart Serves by Ima Ryma )
- मेगनआव गोग्लैदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Sun, Barati Lesetlhe
- Moon, Barati Lesetlhe
- Letters to the heart...., Nandipha Mphanya
- In each day's silent need (Italian sonnet), Gert Strydom
- Despair, Gert Strydom
- DALYA IN RAVENSBURG 74, Terry Collett
- Tomar Hansi Tomar Kanna, ramesh rai
- But peace, hasmukh amathalal
- Rah! rRah! Siss-boom-bah!, Frank Avon
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns