Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight)
A Spied Upon Cockrell
Eric Cockrell experienced
'an unusual happening...' while
'chopping up limbs that the winter
Storms brought down...'
though not a storm in a tea cup
what did he find?
what did it mean?
who can read
of government deceit?
to be sure to be sure
Eric Cockrell said he did find
while 'chopping up limbs that the winter
Storms brought down...'
'crushed beneath those in the front
Yard i found a 'detector camera'....
Eric Cockrell' mused bemused?
Judy Reifler commented
'whoa.... wonder what it was set up to detect? '
Terence Craddock added
'poets are dangerous people,
they have original independent ideas :) '
somebody please tell
those liberty stealers
lurking hidden spies
snoopers at the nsa
national security agency voyeurs
they cannot lop off all
freedom limbs of life
into your living
calls be no longer
you all over world walls
black chambers spews
into justified war on terror
and the poet Terence Craddock said
evil nsa has
a gag order
on enemy freedom
webs of deceit
Edward Snowden snow job
nsa label dissident traitor
cap flying freedom rider
nsa is out to you imprison
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
All quotations by Eric Cockrell unless otherwise stated.
Comments about this poem (A Spied Upon Cockrell by Terence G. Craddock (afterglows echoes of starlight) )
- for a friend who had gone cold one summer, RIC S. BASTASA
- a journey away from words, RIC S. BASTASA
- the iron cables laid to sea, RIC S. BASTASA
- Finding her, Akhil Zoomin
- great respect for what should not be sp.., RIC S. BASTASA
- for life is life and it is never yours, RIC S. BASTASA
- o! Grief!, RIC S. BASTASA
- Sleep Tight Dear One, Michael McParland
- Wicked Intentions, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Last words, Akhil Zoomin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Indira Renganathan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)