Waltz For Zizi
A Poem And You
This life, it somehow feels painted on my skin.
I see you holding the mighty brush,
putting the blue sky on my chest.
My arms are rivers, I place them around you,
my fingers are the waves, that dance on your back,
but you are hot, you're like the sun, and I'm evaporating.
You notice something odd, I have no heart
or is it silent? , broken by another girl,
so you paint me a heart, in the palm of my right hand
but it isn't mine, it is your heart.
You need some red, but the brush has only blue,
you know that lips are not meant to be coloured blue
so you lean and place your own lips on mine, for your kisses, are ridiculously red.
I remember now, why you hold tight that brush,
on your left hand, I watch, and see a ring.
You paint my life, in so many hues, because... because you are my bride.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poem And You by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Of The Epiphany, John Beaumont
- statistical haiku (or, how do they disco.., Evie Shockley
- En germe, noir, Marcel Aouizerate
- The pilot, Marcel Aouizerate
- The library, Marcel Aouizerate
- a background in music, Evie Shockley
- Lost in Levallois, Marcel Aouizerate
- The 3 kelvin sound of great expectations, Marcel Aouizerate
- Online Halloween, Marcel Aouizerate
- A royal glasshouse, Marcel Aouizerate
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Moments Indulgence, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)