A New Kind Of Carpet Called 'Poets Eyesore' (ex. Hinterlands)
Let's go. we're going, don't ask where,
We're going up there...
That place don't even know what it means?
But we've been deciding for centuries,
Let's go - that's it, this time, last orders,
Come on down, I want to hear it!
Show us your hearts - are they true enough,
C'mon - it's going to have be better than that,
Disclose, C'mon! open - show us it all...
We can handle it, we will, we can...
The nut is cracked, but never open,
Racked! racked! racked! racked! racked!
With the same old things,
Closets overflowing, privacy, conspiracy,
Are you really guilty of all that - thing,
That emptiness - whirling round,
In the deepest compartment of your mind,
Fill it now, stuff it, jam it shut with anything,
Moan! Squeak! Squawk! Skirl!
It's a girl? - No it's a boy!
It's something my friends, to be born -
And be fed nothing but crumbs...
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Kind Of Carpet Called 'Poets Eyesore' (ex. Hinterlands) by GRANT FRASER )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- ALL PRETTY FLOWERS AND ALL PRETTY ROSES .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dinutie matra, gajanan mishra
- ALL PRETTY FLOWERS AND ALL PRETTY ROSES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- For only one day, gajanan mishra
- THE TREACHEROUS SEA, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- YOU, ikpat Ekomobong
- Within all, gajanan mishra
- SOMETIMES, ikpat Ekomobong
- GOD'S LOVE, ikpat Ekomobong
- ' [ One Sunday ] ', Ency Bearis