A New Kind Of Carpet Called 'Poets Eyesore' (ex. Hinterlands)
Let's go. we're going, don't ask where,
We're going up there...
That place don't even know what it means?
But we've been deciding for centuries,
Let's go - that's it, this time, last orders,
Come on down, I want to hear it!
Show us your hearts - are they true enough,
C'mon - it's going to have be better than that,
Disclose, C'mon! open - show us it all...
We can handle it, we will, we can...
The nut is cracked, but never open,
Racked! racked! racked! racked! racked!
With the same old things,
Closets overflowing, privacy, conspiracy,
Are you really guilty of all that - thing,
That emptiness - whirling round,
In the deepest compartment of your mind,
Fill it now, stuff it, jam it shut with anything,
Moan! Squeak! Squawk! Skirl!
It's a girl? - No it's a boy!
It's something my friends, to be born -
And be fed nothing but crumbs...
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Kind Of Carpet Called 'Poets Eyesore' (ex. Hinterlands) by GRANT FRASER )
- Of the Depression, Javed Latoo
- Blue Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- A Tiny Plant, Manira Khan
- Pure femininity, Erato
- A Man's Oft-hidden Tears, Maurice Harris
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Diwali, Hans Raj Sharma
- One Nation Under God, Katherine Nordhaus
- the weather knows where i'll someday put.., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)