A New Heaven
Seeing we never found gay fairyland
(Though still we crouched by bluebells moon by moon)
And missed the tide of Lethe; yet are soon
For that new bridge that leaves old Styx half-spanned;
Nor ever unto Mecca caravanned;
Nor bugled Asgard, skilled in magic rune;
Nor yearned for far Nirvana, the sweet swoon,
And from high Paradise are cursed and banned;
-Let's die home, ferry across the Channel! Thus
Shall we live gods there. Death shall be no sev'rance.
Weary cathedrals light new shrines for us.
To us, rough knees of boys shall ache with rev'rence.
Are not girls' breasts a clear, strong Acropole?
-There our oun mothers' tears shall heal us whole.
Wilfred Owen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Heaven by Wilfred Owen )
Did you read them?
- AOA▷오피뷰◁모든 구로오피 송파오피걸의 모든것 OPGＡNＤA/ＣOM, sibngnu5 sibngnu5
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ구로오피녀 ⓑ송파오피 대란∠OPGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu5 sibngnu5
- She looked a million dollars, Erato
- L.Messi 오피뷰 구로오피 KTwiz 송파오피 OPGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu5 sibngnu5
- From the Lives of My Friends, Michael Dickman
- WHENEVER A LIFE IS TAKEN, Ali Faisal
- VALUE OF LIFE, Ali Faisal
- For Some Slight I Can't Quite Recall, Ross Gay
- Surf song, Roann Mendriq
- Midnight surf, Roann Mendriq
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Samra, Said Akl
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Bright Star, John Keats
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)