A man knocked at my door
One morning a man knocked at my door,
Ask me to eat his flesh and drink his blood.
To believe his cross.
A languor reflects in my eyes,
like a glowing ray.
Cover me in grave.
vicious temptations the snake
Reason of our pain, misleading our believe with doubt & confusion.
We lost the Eden; we trade our soul,
never console our forgive of God love.
Outside my door, piece of rods gold,
the wind blowing myrrh
And incense burning slow.
Is Easter now,
your resurrection is loud heard around,
Prove of courage your word sound, of righteous one.
We all come from God, and to God, we will be back.
With no more sorrow, with not more pain
Waiting until this coming day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A man knocked at my door by Luca Menin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Ghazal, Mirza Ghalib
- Within the Circuit of This Plodding Life, Henry David Thoreau
- Summer in Calcutta, Kamala Das
- A.Pushkin, Anchar - translation (rus.), Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- The PH Forum Ru-Ku Trifecta..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- You Never Know, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Real Fruit, Nash Thomas
- Promise And Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan