He was like a colorful picture,
Painted in abstract colors of gray.
His extraordinary ambiance affected no one,
Though he posed brilliantly each day.
An enigmatic presence he possessed
And guarded it jealously as if obsessed.
That colorless thieves might steal or
Better yet his true nature reveal.
These exceptional qualities hid him well
As he prowled the naked world to tell.
Of worlds and creatures not so strange
Resembling the lifeless horses mange.
As he dreams of days gone by
Hoping soon to learn to fly
Away from the colorless sky
He hopes to do this and not die.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Man by Lento Maez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper