He was like a colorful picture,
Painted in abstract colors of gray.
His extraordinary ambiance affected no one,
Though he posed brilliantly each day.
An enigmatic presence he possessed
And guarded it jealously as if obsessed.
That colorless thieves might steal or
Better yet his true nature reveal.
These exceptional qualities hid him well
As he prowled the naked world to tell.
Of worlds and creatures not so strange
Resembling the lifeless horses mange.
As he dreams of days gone by
Hoping soon to learn to fly
Away from the colorless sky
He hopes to do this and not die.
Lento Maez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Man by Lento Maez )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland
- Loving Free - Falling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Poor Child's Born with a Start that'.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang