A living icon
Will our country be able to withstand the lost
when our icon dies?
Shall we be able to overcome the lost
when death sets in?
Shall our country fall to chaos
and our lives be in disarray,
our shall we deny
the things that is happening?
Shall our economy be strong enough
and I wonder if there shall be work for everyone
and shall the price of fuel keep on rising
and will the man on the street
be able to pay for his food?
Shall we loose all our hope
or shall we just deny it?
Shall corruption escalate
and the cruelty of man increase
when hope is gone?
Shall innocent lives be lost?
Shall we all pay the price,
when the reality of it all sinks in?
Will our country be able
to withstand the death of a icon
and will we rise like a phoenix out of the ashes
and live with the hope of freedom?
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A living icon by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma
- If Tears Could Turn To That, Luis Estable