A Little Rose
I give you this little rose in remembrance of me
And how our love will always be.
Like a red rose so vibrant and true
And how our love – day to day grew.
The aroma of our love floating in the air
Letting everyone know how much I care.
The color of the rose like the blood in my veins
Will forever remain the same.
Your love was all it took – to keep that rose
Alive in your diary book.
You had put a caption on that page
That your love would remain the same.
It’s amazing how a little flower
Can have so much “loving power”!
But like the flower that was nurtured by mother earth
You have taken it for all its worth.
You don’t see the flower as wilted and dead
It’s alive in your head.
You see every petal that holds it together
And makes your love so much better.
A little thing called a rose, has so much to behold.
Now when it is my time and GOD takes me away
My love in that rose will forever stay.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
A little rose
Comments about this poem (A Little Rose by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth
- The Sorry Band-Aid, william upton
- Odia Poem- SATHI, Jitendra seth
- Odia Poem- BAPA, Jitendra seth
- Every Writer's Tale, Hebert Logerie