A Halo Above Me.
An older man made a comment today,
One look at him and I was not afraid.
He belongs to the sheep fold of the Good
Shepherd- Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord.
He said, 'You have a halo above your head, '
and I replied, 'so do you.'
He said, 'Thank you...'
Then he went out the door,
and I saw him no more.
Above his head, I beheld a heavenly glow,
I just wanted you all to know!
His face showed serenity's peace
throughout all eternity!
Jesus Christ is watching over me,
twenty four hours a day.
Why should I fear or be afraid.
Someday our earthly lives will come
to an adrupt end. But throughout
all eternity we will be forever friends!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka Roxy54/ October Country
Comments about this poem (A Halo Above Me. by Roxanne Dubarry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- tanka 3, oskar hansen
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones