A Grandmother's Love
You never said 'i'm leaving'
You never said 'good-bye'
You were gone before i knew it,
And only god knew why.
A million times i needed you,
A million tears i've cried.
If love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died.
In life i loved you dearly,
In death i loved you still.
In my heart you hold a place,
That no one else can fill.
It broke my heart to loose you,
But you didn't go alone.
For part of me went with you,
The day god took you home.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Grandmother's Love by Lavina Reyes )
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
- Gil Scott Heron, Daniel Karbon
- Headache, Daniel Karbon
- Seeds, Edward Kofi Louis
- What Makes a DAD, John Masaitis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson