A Friendship Equation
let’s talk about friends, there are some very good friends
and there are those people who are bad, very bad friends!
those bad friends like to lie, and say lots of bad things about you
they will say to everyone, you look like an animal at the zoo!
yes good friends will always give you a helping hand
and no, they do not flip you with a rubber band!
be careful, bad friends will do their best to tear you apart
always looking to steal your love and rip out your heart!
very good friends will bring flowers when you are down
they do not laugh, and make you look like a clown!
those bad friends always say no, when you ask for a favour
if you are drowning, you can forget it, they throw no life saver!
and yes, good friends will give you a ride when your car stops
look out, if there is a bomb they will stay with you, until it pops!
good friends will give you a party, just because they like you
sure they would love to give you a brand new spaceship
it’s not what they give you that's important, what counts
is always their love, and the true gift is their friendship!
when bad friends give you a party, always be very careful
they may be planning your funeral with a brand new drug
so with these friends, you may want to be very cautious
cause they may hire a hit man, who is a real street thug!
ok everyone listen up, now that I have your full attention
I know you must be wondering, and I can't forget to mention
how does a true wonderful friendship, fit into this equation?
you plus a good friend, equals to, one true lasting friendship!
Rachel Nichols's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friendship Equation by Rachel Nichols )
Did you read them?
- Recollections, SALINI NAIR
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.47, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.46, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.45, Monk E. Biz
- A Poets View Of Modern Life, Yohan Confectioner
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.44, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.43, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.42, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.41, Monk E. Biz
- Conflict, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)