A friend's ship
A friend is a smile in a tearsful face,
and a blessing to human race.
A unique gift to have,
and a wonderful treasure to crave.
A friend is a home not so far away,
and a guilding star that lights up your way.
A friend will stand by you in all that you do,
and will never call you a fool.
A friend is a true gift valued than gold,
and an amazing being to hold.
A friend is like a shining star,
and a medicine that can heal even the deepest scar.
A true friend makes u smile,
when you remember them from a thousand mile.
A friend brings that long lasting victory,
when there is an unending misery.
A friend wipes away all atom of sorrow,
and gives you hope for tomorrow.
A friend is that option when you have no choice,
and that word when you have no voice.
A friend is sweeter than honey,
and more valued than money.
A friend makes a heart that never breaks,
and holds you tight when ever there is life queaks.
A friend makes a smile that never fails,
and makes you comfortable like your nails.
A friend makes a touch that never pains,
and sweetens your heart like sugar canes.
A friend is inevitable and unforgetable,
and it love is indispensible and irrplaceable.
A friend gives you joy that last forever,
and makes it unbreakable no matter the weather.
A friend is that voice you hear in your heart,
when your whole life is torn apart.
A friend gives you a sense of humour,
and makes you forget any scene oe a tumour.
I was asked ' A FRIEND IS WHO '? ,
and i told them that a friend is ' YOU '.
Stanley Oguh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A friend's ship by Stanley Oguh )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Giving Entire Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Of This Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Is Scrapbooking, Dexsta Ray
- Avoid The Android, Erhard Hans Josef Lang
- So To Differentiate (False Humility), Dexsta Ray
- Sincere Effort, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- LA PREMIÈRE FOIS, Rosie Bourget
- Drunk, Abby Sze
- So is Love, Jayatissa Liyanage
- A World Without Colour, Alex Lear