A friend's ship
A friend is a smile in a tearsful face,
and a blessing to human race.
A unique gift to have,
and a wonderful treasure to crave.
A friend is a home not so far away,
and a guilding star that lights up your way.
A friend will stand by you in all that you do,
and will never call you a fool.
A friend is a true gift valued than gold,
and an amazing being to hold.
A friend is like a shining star,
and a medicine that can heal even the deepest scar.
A true friend makes u smile,
when you remember them from a thousand mile.
A friend brings that long lasting victory,
when there is an unending misery.
A friend wipes away all atom of sorrow,
and gives you hope for tomorrow.
A friend is that option when you have no choice,
and that word when you have no voice.
A friend is sweeter than honey,
and more valued than money.
A friend makes a heart that never breaks,
and holds you tight when ever there is life queaks.
A friend makes a smile that never fails,
and makes you comfortable like your nails.
A friend makes a touch that never pains,
and sweetens your heart like sugar canes.
A friend is inevitable and unforgetable,
and it love is indispensible and irrplaceable.
A friend gives you joy that last forever,
and makes it unbreakable no matter the weather.
A friend is that voice you hear in your heart,
when your whole life is torn apart.
A friend gives you a sense of humour,
and makes you forget any scene oe a tumour.
I was asked ' A FRIEND IS WHO '? ,
and i told them that a friend is ' YOU '.
Stanley Oguh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A friend's ship by Stanley Oguh )
- Intoxication-An alcoholic reverie, RAJ VIKRAM
- It is really love, gajanan mishra
- Clearing Out the Closet: Five Poems Wri.., Lawrence Beck
- Rainy Day, Dorsey Baker
- I Am Free!, Anna Colb
- food walk, lee fones
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The technique of survival., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Gift Logic Can't Buy, Donal Mahoney
- Rain-A Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)