A Friend Like You
One of God's blessing to a man,
Is to send him an angel in the form of a human.
Each day i keep thanking the stars,
For blessing me with a friend as amazing as the stars.
A friend i found in you,
With a caring heart available to few.
A friend like no other friend,
That i can lay down my life to defend.
A friend not so far from my heart,
Someone i can call a sweetheart.
A friend i don't regret meeting,
That keeps my heart beating.
A friend i can't scream at or fight with,
Not even in my time of writhe.
A friend i love so so much,
Treasure and care for so much.
A friend like you is like having no worries in my life,
That's why i choose to keep you even in my afterlife.
A friend i don't want to lose,
God's amazing gift that i can't refuse.
A friend created with all measures of beauty,
Made with every sense of human and heavenly beauty.
A friend i have always wanted,
Someone i have chosen to keep even when being taunted.
A friend like you is like being in comfort all day,
And an heavenly blessing in every way.
A friend with an angelic smile,
That can heal a broken heart from a thousand mile.
A friend that makes a heart that never pains,
That washes away my misery like the rains.
A friend like you is that type of friend,
That puts all of my fears to an end.
A friend that changed everything around me,
By your side is where i want to forever be.
A friend whose beautiful name is ESTHER,
Whose future is so bright like a star.
You are a smile in my tearsful face,
And a wonderful memory i can't erase.
You're a friend i promise to keep till the end,
And forever i will be proud to call you my best friend.
Stanley Oguh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend Like You by Stanley Oguh )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
James Weldon Johnson
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- As because, gajanan mishra
- Broken Guitar, katusiime jeresi
- born, Bull Hawking
- DECEIVING BLINDNESS, Michael P. Johnson
- White Papers , Martha Collins
- If It Matters @ All 2 You, aka Poetess
- Decision, Michelle Dragonfly
- Plural Happiness, David Rivard
- Wild Love, Courage Ghandih
- To The Dead, Leong Ming Loong