A Friend Of Mine
With her i would share a bottle of wine
She who loves Nature is a friend of mine
She knows the name of each species of tree
Into the soul of Nature she can see.
A friend of mine i feel proud for to say
People like her i don't meet every day
She knows the species of bird by it's song
On matters of Nature she never is wrong.
She led the protest and defied the law
To save the old growth trees from the one with the chain saw
She went to prison for to her what was right
For to save Nature's beauty she is prepared for to fight.
To her i feel glad for to drink a toast
And of her achievements i feel proud to boast
You won't find many as noble as she
Those who love Nature are good friends to me.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend Of Mine by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blue Octavo Haiku, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Algonquin Afterthoughts, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- After Eden, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom
- Those Girls, Keith Johnson