A Friend Of Mine
With her i would share a bottle of wine
She who loves Nature is a friend of mine
She knows the name of each species of tree
Into the soul of Nature she can see.
A friend of mine i feel proud for to say
People like her i don't meet every day
She knows the species of bird by it's song
On matters of Nature she never is wrong.
She led the protest and defied the law
To save the old growth trees from the one with the chain saw
She went to prison for to her what was right
For to save Nature's beauty she is prepared for to fight.
To her i feel glad for to drink a toast
And of her achievements i feel proud to boast
You won't find many as noble as she
Those who love Nature are good friends to me.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend Of Mine by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Fair And Square!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf