A Friend From Above
I prayed for you before we met
Not knowing who you'd be,
I asked the Lord to send me a friend
One chosen just for me.
I asked that they'd be Godly
With wisdom of His ways,
A friend to help and guide me
In the trouble of these days.
So often in life we need someone
To listen while we talk,
Someone who will not condemn or judge
But encourage us as we walk.
The narrow road we choose to follow
May sometimes make us stumble,
But to have a friend to catch our fall
Teaches us to be humble.
When I asked the Lord to send a friend
Though many came and went,
He gave me much more than I ever asked
For you are the friend He sent.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Friend From Above by Tiana Webb )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rainbow, SALINI NAIR
- The Color Inside My World, Mikey Bachman
- Haiku #4, Eric Micha'el Leventhal
- My Ramdan, My Repentance, Ahamad Ilyaas Vilayathullah
- She in Desert, Akhtar Jawad
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola